The results of flight tests of nano-satellite PolyITAN-1 National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, launching June 19, 2014.
PolyITAN-1 format 1U Cubesat was created on their own development and the Ukrainian scientific and technological achievements.
In particular, used their own honeycomb carbon fiber frames of solar cells on surfaces which scientists of Faculty of electronics integrate monosilicon photovoltaics with their efficiency up to 20%. Experimental Solar Panel has a degradation after a year of operation is not more than 8% and stably provide charging accumulators and electric powered all electronic systems nanosatellite.
Channels radio 437.95 MHz and 145.5 MHz, developed by experts of the Faculty of Radio Engineering, have original design solutions of antennas and digital programmable circuitry for FSK modulation at data transmission speeds of 9600 bit/s (Downlink) and 2400 bit/s (Uplink). Installed on the nano-satellite sensors Sun coordinate their algorithms and software, as well as the electronic board with the CPU, with the help of which realizes the management of all subsystems of the spacecraft, developed by young scientists of heat-power and electronics faculties. Temperature at electronic boards is in the range 40°C ... 37°C, Sun coordinate sensors are from minus 17.5°C to plus 8.4°C, and on the surfaces of solar batteries - from minus 32.0°C to plus 69.0°C (calculated from the experimental data on the solar sensor).
Study of the navigation subsystem with receiver GPS/GLONASS and with original algorithmic and software not completed. Electromagnetic orientation subsystem was unable to fully repay angular velocity of nanosatellite ...
It is confirmed the operation of space systems for the Cubesat NTUU "KPI", which consists of the next:
- space segment -(nanosatellite electronic platform + payload) and
- ground segment - (Mission control center MCC + ground equipment for the experimental working off of satellites).
Today, the nanosatellite successfully works in Earth Sun-synchronous orbit with an inclination of 98° and a distance of 620 km from the Earth, having the period of revolution of 97.8 minutes.
The term normal satellite operation not less than 1.5 years.
OBC subsystem work
1. Working with external modules:
- Survey data from external modules, power supply, radio module and P/L;
- analysis of the data, the definition of emergency states of modules;
- management of external modules in accordance with the analysis of the obtained data and of the ground station work cyclogram.
2. Working with sensors connected to a central module:
- Obtaining values from the sensors: magnetometer, sunsensors, temperature sensors, etc.;
- recalculation of the values obtained for the effects of temperature;
- periodically to calibrate the sensors.
3. Working with GPS-GLONASS:
- periodic inclusion of GPS-GLONASS module, positioning the satellite;
- correction of satellite board time with GPS-GLONASS signals
ADCS subsystem work
- blanking the NS initial angular velocity, obtained after separation from vehicle and NS orientation of the orbital reference system;
- ensuring NS 3-axle orientation value with the specified precision;
- definition orientation of NS in normal/standby mode.
The composition of the ADCS:
- electromagnets (3 PCs.);
- Sun coordinates sensors (3 PCs., located on the verges of NS);
- magnetic sensor (1 PCs.);
- angular rate sensor (1 PCs.)
- pitch and roll orientation accuracy 5°, and to yaw not worse 2° ;
- pitch, roll and yaw orientation definition accuracy not worse than 1°;
The control center UT4UZB is located on the thermal power faculty in building # 5 KPI.
Satellite flight control with program of HRD Satellite tracking
The KPI ground station and nano-satellite mission control center